Monday, April 9, 2018

Victoria Square Artisan Market!

Over the weekend I took part in the first Artisan Market held at Victoria Square since its 'post earthquake' revamp!

I was pleased to see it still retained all its beauty with wonderful large grassy areas, paved pathways and walkways, lovely fountain and its towering statues. The repairs on the town hall were in full swing! The connection through to where the old Pallet Pavillion ( who remember's that!?) is much stronger.

The market was hosted by FeltŌtākaro and Matapopore. I was thrilled and extremely honoured that my Mudbird signature Red Thistle dish was used front and centre in the advertising - the first thing I saw upon arriving was a giant bollard with 2 posters of it!



I enjoyed creating some new pieces for the market, bringing back some bright and cheerful colours and some smaller pieces to use on a daily basis. They were popular at the market and I'm in the process of photographing pieces to upload to my felt shop and also refresh my stock in the lovely artisan Co-op shop I sell in called Pay It Forward.  In fact I'll be there this Wednesday 11th April, working from 10-1pm so come down & say hi! The shop closes at 4pm. You can find Pay it Forward's Facebook page here.  - keep updated with all the lovely new products from our designers and events like the Mother's Day shopping night coming up on May 2nd! Bubbles & juice, nibbles and shopping - you can't go wrong!

Anyway  - I digress... back to the market. Here are a few photos of the day and pieces I had for sale.


The Bollard!

Magnets

One off Wall hearts with Copper.

Wish Brooches


Mudbird Thistle Dish

Peace Wall heart with Copper.

Delightful Jewellery dishes featuring a crochet design in centre

And here is my table set up. I set up in the wrong spot... perils of being the first one there and first time in a new place! So the lovely Lucy & Jo from Felt helped me shift my tables. I sold quite a few pieces before the second photo, the Ceramic and wooden trees were a bit of fun!



Before the shift ;-)

In the sunshine.


It was lovely as the sun came out, hands wrapped around a warm cup of coffee. Autumn seems to be gaining momentum! And I got to meet a lovely new creative business 'Mcginns Made Fresh' in the next stall over! Beautiful natural locally made products I've already started using. Looking forward to the next market there, hopefully in Summer with lots of lovely stalls, food and music on the green!


Me! Thanks for coming & supporting my small business. x Gill




No comments:

Post a Comment